Monday, December 31, 2007

A Message for the New Year

When catching up with family and friends during the holiday season, the difficulties of the past year became a reoccurring theme. This past year, it seems, was an unusually rough one, for both myself and those whom I love.

In my mailbox this morning was a quote, sent to me by my friend Magda from Krakow.

"For last year's words belong to last year's language. And next year's
words await another voice. (...) And to make an end is to make a
beginning."
-- T.S. Eliot

Sometimes, we hear exactly what we need to hear, at the exact time that we need to hear it. Whether or not we actually listen to these words -- God's cleverly placed advice -- is a personal decision with obvious ramifications.

In the spirit of T.S Eliot's words, I would like to wish all of you a new year full of peace, joy, faith, prosperity, and love. May 2008 be a great year for us all.

Keep listening.

No comments: