Friday, February 23, 2007

Cleveland is cold. Again. The weather shifts and jumps and plunges, more than enough to fray your nerves and assault your calm. Some mornings I forget I'm still in the midwest, considering the arctic-circle like environment this time of year. It's easy to dream of other times and places here, and wander-lust strikes hard on the coldest days. I've never dreamed of a warm beach, until I got here. I've never desired to see Europe more. Somehow, this feels like a starting platform. Before I leap off, however, I must find a steady footing from which to proceed. In the meantime, a wandering mind can lead to good music, and exile is a good place from which to begin the creative process.

And so I start this e-blogger bit, probably to replace the less muse-friendly environments on facebook and myspace. I hope folks actually read this, and I hope they leave their comments. Lately, I'm more contemplative, more quiet, and more wanting to listen to others. That's a real blessing.

No comments: